PTO meetings are held the first Tuesday of the month at various locations & times. All members are encouraged and welcome to attend! If you cannot attend a meeting, feel free to email any ideas, feedback or concerns to:
Tuesday, September 12th at 9:30am – Steward
Tuesday, October 3rd at 9:30am – Proctor
Tuesday, November 14th at 7:30pm – Proctor
Tuesday, December 5th at 9:30am – Steward
Tuesday, January 9th at 9:30am – Proctor
Tuesday, February 6 at 7:30pm – TBD*
Tuesday, March 6th at 9:30am – Steward
Tuesday, April 3 at 9:30am – Proctor
Tuesday, May 1 at 7:30apm – TBD*
Tuesday, June 5th time and place TBD”
Topsfield Elementary School Parent/Teacher Organization (tesPTO) is an independent, non-profit organization comprised of parents, teachers, and administrators in topsfield, ma.
Our Mission Is to:
Maintain quality education and seek new avenues for improving programs offered to the elementary school children of Topsfield.
Raise funds in numerous ways to fund curriculum enrichment programs, field trips, special equipment and services, long range planning initiatives developed in conjunction with our membership and other community groups.
Provide the seed money to fast track implementation of strategic initiatives beyond the scope of the elementary school budget.
Strive to bring the community together by sponsoring community events open to the general public and participate in other community events.
Disseminate information to the elementary school community and other interested parties.
Be responsive to requests for cooperation and assistance.
TESPTO FUNDS ARE ALLOCATED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING GUIDING PRINCIPLES:
- Support school improvement plans developed by the site councils and principals.
- Support additional enrichment initiatives.
- Affect immediately or seed a program that eventually will affect a great percentage of the elementary school population The goal would be to demonstrate a program's success and prove its impact so it will be easier to be adapted and sustained by the school budget.
- Do not wish to support programs on an ongoing basis that should be funded by the school budget.
- Seed innovative initiatives that may not affect a large number of the elementary school population, but that have the support of the school staffs and are unlikely to receive funding through traditional routes. *Does not exclude scholarship or teacher stipends.
TESPTO Board & Committee Leaders 2017 - 2018
Michelle Hagerty - Co-President
Megan Richards - Co-President
Leanne Melto - Co-Treasurer
Meghan Malloy - Co-Treasurer
Nicole Durgan - Fundraising
Meredith Massaro - Steward Enrichment
Elizabeth Riley - Proctor Enrichment
Melissa Pike - Co-Hospitality
Shannon Chiachiaretta - Co-Hospitality
Aly Lull - Secretary
- School Photos - Lisa O'Brien
- Membership & Ads - Laurie Creighton & Meredith McCauley
- Gift Wrap & Pies - Nicole Durgan & Aly Lull
- Sports Equipment Sale - Melissa Pike & Cheryl Randall
- Breakfast with Santa - Lynda Theriault
- Bradford Ski Program - Christy Richards & Nicole Durgan
- Square 1 Art - Sara Ponikvar
- Billboards & Signs - Shannon Chiachiaretta & Elisabeth Walsh
- Read- a-Thon - Kate Bissell & Kim Ordman
- Birthday Book Club - Catherine Scarzmozza
- Book Fair - Aimee Mitchell & Jen Campagna
- Box Tops - E. Mendonca, L. Denis & A. Finn
- Communications - S. Ponikvar, C. Erickson & S. Bloxham
- Year Book - Carrie Fullerton & Diane DeAngelis
- School Kidz - Heather Denton
- Stop & Shop - Darlene Vella
- 3rd Grade Committee - Lisa O'Brien & Lynda Theriault
- 6th Grade Committee - Meegan Finn & Christy Richards
Members: Any parent or guardian of a student at the School, the Principal, or any Teacher currently employed at the School may become a Member at Large.
tespto - topsfield Elementary